Sunday, December 6, 2009

An Update to My Whine

We drove to the symphony on snow-covered streets with temps hovering around five degrees and I stared out the window fuming about that cranberry/raisin/pecan/candy cane bread rising silently in the garbage.  The last thing I wanted was to stand at a door taking tickets from happy people who probably had freezers filled with perfectly baked Christmas cookies and breads.   But it's hard to stay mad when you have to say hello, how are you? thank you! enjoy the concert, I'm glad you braved the cold ... to dozens of nicely dressed, very polite people who are happy and excited to be attending a Christmas concert.  And after listening to a symphony filled with toe-tapping, head-bobbing Christmas music led by a happy, funny, down-to-earth conductor, the whines were knocked right out of me.  When we got home from the concert I marched into the kitchen determined that two days of total baking failure was not going to get the best of me.  There is a new bowl of bread dough mixed and in the fridge.  Tomorrow I will conquer that candy cane bread or I will die trying.  And you know what else?  I have more Christmas cookie recipes waiting.  And I will bake them and they will be perfect.......or at least edible.◦
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Al said...

Cathy, you have *almost* inspired me to make some of my mom's toffee. Almost...

Time to get into the spirit of the season, I suppose. ;-)

Art Elser said...

Don't apologize for whining, Cathy. Your whines are better reading than anyone else's. You what to hear whining, just listen when Al gets going. ;-)

Art Elser said...

That should be "want" not "what." A bit of fat-finger typing, that.