Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lyle Loves Ponies Too

It’s been so long since I’ve written anything here that I don’t know how to begin so I guess I’ll just jump right in with I thought I broke my nose last weekend.  The second thought that went through my head as I was gingerly tapping at my nostrils wondering when the blood would begin to flow was boy, this will make a great blog post.  Too bad I don’t have time to write about how I was on my knees, hunched over, gripping pliers and pulling at a stubborn staple with all my strength when it suddenly let loose, my fist flew back straight into my nose which propelled me back onto my butt.  But my nose didn’t bleed or swell or even bruise and my nose didn’t break.  So no blog post there. 


I thought maybe I could post about the shape my hand had assumed from ripping out four rooms of carpet and padding, yanking out those stubborn staples and scraping off the glued-on indoor-outdoor carpeting foam from the floor of two rooms, although I wasn’t sure how I could type if my fingers were curled over in the shape of a claw.  But I managed to pry my fingers from the pliers and the scraper and with only a little massaging I was able to return them to their natural positions … or at least natural enough to hold a glass of beer.  So no blog post there either.



Dean made the first mouthwatering homemade breakfast in our future retirement house but there were no fires or spills or burns to make that interesting to post about.



It seems all I’m left to write about is the variety of ways Angus found to stay cool while Dean and I were sweating as we pulled and ripped and yanked and scraped and groaned. 




Well, that and the fact that we have just learned that Angus is not part Labradoodle/part Bernese Mountain dog.  He is part Labradoodle and horse Newfoundland.   12 weeks, 25 pounds and growing.


Now we know why he likes to stick half his head in his water bowl when he drinks.  I can’t tell you how excited I am for the drooling to start.  I just hope I’m not holding a pair of pliers when I slip in it.  On the bright side, if I can train him to lick up his slobbers from the floor I may never have to mop again!


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Art Elser said...

Cathy, you knew you'd get at least one response, if for no other reason to find out what Lyle has to do with anything. Perhaps he's the Bernese Mountain Dog who is Angus's father/mother? And where did I miss the pony? Or is this a direct effect of the time warp that lies between Denver and Casper, somewhere near Cheyenne?

I'm thinking of creating a hybrid vehicle, and it sounds like you might also. Walker is 5 months and 33 pounds, In a couple of months he'll be almost as big as my Forester. I'm going to hook him to the bumper and let him pull me through the city. I'll use the engine out of the city and he car ride in the car.

Abby said...

I wish I was a kid again so I could ride Angus around when he gets pony-size.

Lesley Collins said...

Wait until the drool starts.

Al said...

Ha! Horse! I keep thinking we need a Hermann and Angus play date, but I'm beginning to worry that Angus may see Hermann as food.

Good lord, I can only imagine the food you guys are gonna go through!