Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Weekend of Firsts

1. First time I got to see two presidential candidates speak
***Obama's doors were to open at 12:30 and he was scheduled to speak at
2:00 p.m. I got there at 12:45, the doors were open and I got in
and got a seat. Dean met me there at 1:15 p.m. At 2:00 p.m. Obama walked
out onto the stage.

***Clinton's doors were to open at 4:30 p.m. and she was scheduled to speak
at 6:30 p.m. We got in line at 4:45 p.m. and the doors did not open until
almost 5:30 p.m. She did not speak until 7:30 p.m. Everybody had to stand.
I hate it when people are late.

2. First time I participated in a caucus. Close to 1,000 democrats attended
the Natrona County caucus. It was record-breaking participation all over the
state.
***Doors opened at 7:30 a.m. We got there about 7:45 a.m. because I hoped
we'd get to wait inside unlike the night before when we waited outside for
an hour for Clinton. We thought the line was fairly short until we realized
that it not only went way down a long hall, but then went into the pool area
(we were at the Holiday Inn), went all around the pool and then snaked back
down the long hall to the registration room. It took an hour to get through
the line and get our name checked off. Finally around 11:00 a.m. we were
allowed to mark our ballots. We didn't stay for the platform part of it or
delegate selection. I was a little disappointed Wyoming didn't do it like
Iowa. I kinda hoped I'd hear "Obama people on this side of the room",
"Clinton people on the other side". A ballot wasn't quite as exciting.

3. First time I've felt my vote actually counted.

4. First time I've ever contributed to a political candidate's campaign.

5. Fist time I've ever put a political candidate's bumper sticker on my car.

6. First time I've ever been the least bit excited about anybody's
political campaign and felt like volunteering.

7. First time I knew there were more democrats in my office than just Dean
and I. There are at least NINE!(out of 100).

8. First time I've almost become a CNN junkie.

So............after only 1 1/2 days of our "political particiption" we were wiped out. I can't imagine how those candidates continue on day after day after day. They must have a secret source of energy somewhere.◦
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I still am beyond jealous!!! I need a bumper sticker bad!

Cathy said...

I have one waiting to mail to you!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I didn't know you donated. Are you still going to volunteer?