Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Construction With Cookies – Day 2

I thought I would have plenty of time after my yoga class to bake cookies for the plumbers since they weren’t supposed to come until mid-morning.  But when I walked in the house around 10:20 Dean told me they’d already been there for almost an hour.  I debated whether or not to even bake cookies for them because I wasn’t sure they would be here long enough to enjoy them.  But based on my experience watching Dean attempt any plumbing (it always takes three times longer than he anticipates and multiple trips to Home Depot) I figured even though these guys were “real” plumbers, they’d be here long enough for an oatmeal cookie.  So I got right to work, mixed up a batch, got a dozen in the oven and with eight minutes of baking time left – they had finished and were out the door. 

Before

And After
Then, of course, my dilemma became – do I bake the rest of the cookies and risk eating them all myself, or do I put the rest of the dough in the refrigerator and bake them tomorrow when my worker bees are back?    

  
I'll let you know on Construction With Cookies – Day 3 what I decided.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Art Elser said...

Cathy, I think you have my address here in Denver, and the mails will deliver extra cookies to our retirement home--the same home we've lived in for years. They do look good.

Got a note from Al and he's already briefed a congressional sub-committee and will brief another this week. I suppose that means I'll have to kiss his ring next time we see him.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Nom, nom, nom
Delicious!
Wish we had some.
Happy Valentines to you and all.