Monday, November 5, 2007

Oops

It turns out I whined and worried for nothing. There is no water in the house and everything seems to have gone well. From what I could see in the dark, the hole outside looks like a muddy mess but that's okay. As long as it's not a mess in the basement bedroom I'm okay with muddy messes outside. Dean did remove the window frame and we could peer in with a flashlight to see only a bit of dampness down below, not 2 gallons of water. Phew!

Tonight as I was washing the tupperware I'd used for my lunch today I thought to myself, "tomorrow I'm going to remember to wash my lunch dishes at work and that will be one less mess to deal with at home." That thought goes through my brain every time I wash my lunch tupperware. You'd think after somewhere between four and five weeks of washing dishes in a tub in the laundry room sink I would remember that washing out my lunch tupperware at work would save me time and work at home. But no. It hasn't happened yet. As I was washing the dishes I looked over and saw Lily sitting right by the place her food normally would have been. She has been temporarily moved, along with her cat box, food and water, to our bedroom while the wood floor is being installed. She sat there looking at the spot where her food should be, and then up at me. Then back to the missing food, and back at me. She's not very old. Even in cat years she's younger than me so it made me feel better to know she's not figuring things out very quickly either. Of course, she's only had a day to adjust and I've had a month but still ...

Here's a photo of the wood floor so far.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooohh! That looks nice, very encouraging.

At least Lily doesn't seem to be mad at you, just baffled. It's good to have someone on your side : )